Monday, September 16, 2013

How to travel in Europe.

So you know how everyone says that traveling in Europe is SO easy cause it's all so close and convenient and cheap?

Well. Let me tell you. It's definitely not SO easy. Convenient? Yes, for the most part. Cheap? Depends on where you want to go and when. Most of all, it is a process. There are multiple different avenues to travel. Bus, train, and plane. But within that... there's lots of different options for each transportation method! So when trying to make travel plans and trying to find the cheapest deal, it is quite the ordeal. And so many different websites to visit, rates to compare, other costs to think about, and schedules of multiple people (if you're traveling in a group) to keep in mind. It's stressful! But thankfully, I made it out alive and with three destinations for the semester :)

The first being London! Tayler and I are taking the night bus the last weekend of September to be in London for a little more than 48 hours. Using the night bus allows us to leave friday night after her classes and arrive early Saturday morning and have all of Saturday and Sunday. Going to be a new experience trying to sleep on a moving bus!

Second will be a big group trip to Morocco. My study abroad program puts together a group trip to Morocco for each study abroad section for those who are interested. It's a five day trip- over a french holiday, but I still have to miss one class (sorry mom and dad!). Super pumped for that one!

And lastly will be, of course, a weekend trip to Rome :) Tayler has friends there so we will be able to spend the night at their place and not worry about booking a room! My travel advice for this trip is NEVER EVER use the site OPODO. It is a travel agency that helps compare costs of different flights and companies and you can book the flight directly through them. When I tried to run my credit card, the page kept saying that there were technical difficulties and the transaction was not processed and I did not have a reservation. Long story short, the card was charged but I never had a reservation. Read later online that this company is notorious for poor communication, "technical problems" and bad customer service. Thankfully, we were able to cancel the charge and I booked the flight through Ryan air directly. So my advice and tip: use sites like opodo, liligo, and jetcost, to see what options you have for cheap flights but then actually purchase the tickets through the airline directly!! It was quite a hassle.

Another shout-out to my parents for being so supportive and willing to let me not only be in Paris for 10 months but also want me to be able to travel and explore different parts of Europe! What great parents I have. So blessed.

Looking forward to sharing this trips with you guys through more posts and pics!

His love never fails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment