Friday, September 13, 2013

And then there was school...

It's true. I do actually go to class. It's crazy! I didn't think it was ever gonna happen, but alas, it did. I love learning, and for the most part enjoy reading my text books, but actually GOING to class is hard! When there is so much I want to do and so many places I want to explore. And so for that reason, that is why my posts have dwindled! Sorry friends :) But here's whats been up the past week.

Last weekend, some friends and I found a jazz club of sorts. It's called "Le Caveau de la Huchette". There is a live band that plays jazz music every night and a dance floor for swing dancing! Or as they call here, "danser le rock et roll". The crowd was a little bit older ( ;)  ) but it was very fun. So glad that I could still go swing dancing in Paris! And there were some REALLY good dancers there. It was fun to sit and just watch everyone else who actually knew what they were doing!

Another fun adventure that I had was my first, of many more to come, camera dates with Miss Kelsey Huffman! Unfortunately, I was silly and forgot to charge my camera battery so it died after about twenty minutes, but it was a fun twenty minutes! Still learning how to shoot in Manual but here are a few pics of the Luxembourg gardens.








This was only one little portion of the beautiful gardens so I'm looking forward to going back and staying longer!

Another important event this week was the arrival of sweet Marta! 

She is a good friend of Dominique and will be staying with us for a few weeks. She is from Cuba and I can tell that she just absolutely loves life. Her suitcase that she brought with her mainly contained fruits, vegetables, and other items from Cuba. Dominque called her suitcase a grocery store! And it really was. Throughout the first meal she continuously was showing Tayler and I the different things she brought with her. One being MASSIVE avocados. I didn't even know they could get that big. She's holding one in this picture:



Ya that green thing is an avocado... It's awesome. We ate some tonight at dinner and it was great! The pastry on the table is a guava "tartine". It's like a fruit pie. And it was simply delicious. And of course, she brought with her, a nice big bundle of cuban cigars. 



Throughout this week I've been able to pick up a few spanish words which is fun! I set a goal to try and learn a little bit more of another language while abroad, since I already know french. So this is a great opportunity to do that! I have loved having Martha here and watching her just love life and love people. She comes to Paris once a year to visit Dominique and yet seems to know everyone here! She doesn't speak a lot of french and yet she goes out by herself all the time, confident in the french that she does know. She is an inspiring woman and I love that I have been able to learn from her in just the five days that I've known her. 

Really the only other exciting thing this week (at least important enough to share!) is the fact that we found a Chipotle here. Yes, good 'ole Chipotle. And so we had lunch there after church on Sunday. And it was delicious. However, quite expensive! Much more expensive than the states. But it was a worth-it splurge! Other than that, my week has been full of getting back into a school schedule, since this was my first full week of classes. 

Hope you all have had a great week! Until next time :)

His love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment